I have spent time browsing a considerable number of online pharmacies and nearly all of them sell male enhancement pills indicated primarily for sexual dysfunctions. There is no clear reason why almost all online shops market male enhancement pills, but it appears that online drugstores think that these products are popular with the consumers.
There are actually clinical conditions which require the males to resort to treatment, such as erectile dysfunction (ED) and premature ejaculation (PE); however, these are valid medical conditions which require professional treatment via prescription products. Online pharmacies, though, sell their impotence and PE drugs even without requiring the consumers or patients to send in their actual prescriptions.
Male Enhancement Pills: What are they?
The term “male enhancement pills” are nowadays commonly known as sexual enhancement products. Contrary to the common notion, these male enhancement pills are not just recreational products which men use to get ahead in their game—these products are actually prescription products which treat actual medical conditions.
The most famous of male sexual health products are the trio meds Viagra, Cialis, and Levitra—the iconic meds when it comes to treating erectile dysfunction. These are the common meds you can see when browsing online pharmacies—virtual drugstores appear to perpetually market these pills for some reason.
It may be that unknowingly, our population is berated with the erectile dysfunction disease, hence the high demand for the medications—or because of the leniency when it came to the dispensing of these pills, men have grown to use the products for fun and not really for treating any specific disease.
Male enhancement pills are generally effective, generic and brand name alike since even the generic manufacturers create the products in the most stringent of conditions. However, the lack of the appropriate prescription policies for the dispensation of these products leads consumers to the wrong use of the medications, and eventually, to their demise and not the improvement consumers are actually rooting for.
Types of Male Enhancement Pills
The iconic products Viagra, Cialis, and Levitra are not the only male enhancement pills accessible in the market. There are several types of “male enhancement” products you may encounter during your online visits:
Erectile Dysfunction Products
This category includes PDE5 inhibitors or phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors—don’t get intimidated by the name—PDE5 inhibitors are meds which help patients conjure and sustain erections despite their impotence or erectile dysfunction condition. Here are some of the PDE5 inhibitor products available in the market today:
- Sildenafil Citrate (a.k.a. Viagra) – This is the first PDE5 inhibitor drug. Its effect is felt about half an hour to an hour post intake. Sildenafil Citrate products last for about 4 hours.
- Vardenafil HCl (a.k.a. Levitra) – This drug was developed as an improvement for Viagra in terms of side effects. Vardenafil drugs have lessened side effects but have the same erectile function-enhancing effect which lasts an average of 5 hours.
- Tadalafil (a.k.a. Cialis) – Cialis is known as the weekend pill due to its 36-hour effect. One pill can last males for the weekend; hence the name. On the other hand, Cialis also has a daily dose, which patients can use as their “maintenance” medication for impotence.
Premature Ejaculation Products
Male enhancement pills also include products for males suffering from premature ejaculation. Some commonly marketed PE products include:
- SSRIs or Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors – The fancily named drugs are responsible for significantly delaying the ejaculatory response of the patients. These drugs are actually intended for treating depression, but meds such as Paroxetine, Fluoxetine, Dapoxetine, plus several others (in optimized doses), are found effective in delaying ejaculation in males.
- Topical Lidocaine – Although Lidocaine is used as an anesthetic agent, manufacturers developed Lidocaine-based creams, gels, and even sprays, to desensitize the penis and encouraged delayed ejaculation in males.
Herbal potency products are also gaining traction in the online market, as amongst all of the male enhancement products, they are the easiest to procure—buyers do not need prescriptions to secure their stocks of herbal male enhancement products.
Whilst these products are easiest to procure, though, they are the most high-risk products too since most herbal medications are not even regulated and tested by the Food and Drug Administration. Let’s take a look at some of the herbal products advertised on the web:
- Stamina or libido pills – Some herbal products claim to help patients increase their stamina or libido and help them increase their endurance during sexual activity.
- Penile enlargement pills – Other sellers also advertise herbal concoctions which aid males to increase their size.
- Herbal versions of ED or PE drugs – Besides the products which claim to help in increasing libido and even penile size, there are also herbal counterparts for the iconic erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation products which claim the same effect.
Male Enhancement Pills: Which of the Products Actually Work?
Amongst all of the products aforementioned, it is still best to rely on the prescription products for erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. However, your use of these products should always be under the guidance of your licensed specialists/physicians, for you to maximize the effects of the medications and avert medical emergencies.
Although you may feel tempted to use herbal remedies for male enhancement, control your impulse to do so since herbal products are often untested and are presently unregulated by the food and drug agencies. This means that the use of herbal meds for male enhancement can cause you more harm than good.
Male enhancement pills are readily available in your localities and mostly on the online market. However, these pills are not for everyone—if you think you need them, you should consult your doctor first for a proper prescription.
Although most online drugstores give unrestricted access to these products, you should keep your health paramount and use the meds only when directed by the doctors. Male enhancement pills, especially the prescription ones actually work, but you must use them with care and not at whim, in order to rule out adverse effects and possible detriment to your health.